Dark Skies

 | 


I was tempted to delete all my sad posts last night. I was thinking "Who needs to read sad things?" Lucky thing my fatigue got the better of me and I knocked out before I could do so.

Let's get real, we all are human. If blogging is a channel for you to rant, then do so. But delete the entry afterward :)

I have a constant struggle. I can't seem to face the music, or rather, I have a problem controlling my emotions when I am hurt, when I am down, when I am sad etc.. Most of these times can only be settled after long periods of crying and self-wallow.

Just today I was caught in a situation where I struggled to face the music yet again. It wasn't the fact that I could not acknowledge the reality of my mistake or wrong, but more of the lack of ability to take things in stride, learn and move on. The problems lies with my emotions, which often arise like an impending outburst from a dam that is giving way soon.

So here's the thing, before I can rationally talk about my mistakes, or discuss how I can further improve on the situation, or even change for the better, my emotions overwhelm me. And at that moment of time, as I cry, as I feel extremely bad and lousy about myself, nothing will make me feel better - not even chocolates, coffee, or the most humorous lame movie.

Now, I've come to realize a few things that would serve as a guideline when I am caught in this situation again. I hope this works for you as well!


1) Cry your heart out before talking to anyone about your situation
At the peak of your emotions, nothing will get to you.
2) Admit and agree with advice, lectures etc..
(This is hard but we have got to do it either way) After this, you might still feel sore and lousy. So..
3) Take a piece of paper and write to God
Example: "Dear God, please help me control my emotions.."
4) Comfort yourself!
Take a break! Have some retail therapy or indulge in a chocolate fondue buffet!



Share This On:    

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Content copyright © by Grace Leong.

WELCOME


Hello I'm Grace! This site contains snippets of daily living, and the random ramblings of a young adult. Read More..

 Drop Me An Email
 Add Me On Facebook



Affiliated with:

Archives

READERS