My Love

 | 


This post is dedicated to my dearest, reason being that I'm really touched by his acts of love, efforts, time, availability and willingness. Instead of sugar coating this entry with excessive mushy-ness, and causing your hair to stand, I will just tell you what the truth of my feelings that arises deep from my heart. As much as I try to contain these feelings and emotions of thankfulness and love, I can't. It basically overflows. So here is a list of why I am touched and why I love him even more:

1) He sends me everywhere I go, anytime, anywhere.
Let's face it, we stay in extreme ends of Singapore and with the rise of petrol prices, one would want to be as fuel efficient as much as possible. But no, dear would pick me up even if it's out the way, even if I'm not with him, or even when it's late at nights or early in the morning. Just like today, he came from church to Ngee Ann Poly while I was having a band rehearsal, and we went to King Albert Park Mcdonalds for supper. After which, he sent me home, and rode back to his home. That would mean that he had travelled Singapore 2 and a half times in 3 hours. Another time, I was shopping with my friend at Queensway shopping centre, and he left home to pick me up and send me home. I tell him to not bother but each time my refusal is turned down by his stubborn insist.

2) He is smart. Intellectual. Both.
I told Van that I love IT geeks because I admire their brains. Well you can be smart, but if you are not techie, then that doesn't really appeal to me ha! In retrospect, I realize that my admiration for people is for the qualities I lack. Any how, dear thinks really fast, he is logical, sane, rational, out-talks me all the time (in a good and bad way), and very technical. Do you notice that his head is much bigger than mine now?





3) He is work-orientated.
This can be good and bad. Either way, he gets things done. Hence there is a form of commitment, reliabilty and security. It doesn't have to be in perfection, as long as it is done with a combination of the best efforts and resources. That should suffice!







4) He is a musician.
As a musician myself, it is always best to find a partner that is a muse as well. This is so that both can share the struggles a musician faces, as well as worship together in the same ministry. Right now, he worship leads as well and I'm glad that this is part of his talent and gifting. In fact music brought us together! In our earlier courting days, we often jammed together, just the 2 of us! Any way, I am very musically inclined, so it would be really hard to relate the musical dynamics and technical aspects to someone who knows nothing about music right? Right?



5) He plays many roles in my life.
Ok this sounds strange but sometimes he is naggy (in a good way!) like how your dad can actually nag at you. He is my best friend as well as I share with him everything in my life, we talk about everything and anything. He sometimes take on the role as a teacher when he gives me advice about life, or any other problems. He is my chauffeur as mentioned in point 1. He is my supporter, my fan, my security guard.. anything you can basically come out with!




6) He is a leader.
I've always always fancied someone who have any form of leadership skills. Ha! More so for a relationship, I need someone to lead me on, that's why dear is older than me, much tougher and hence, the same analogy as "Taming of the Shrew". Yeah, I admire leaders, because not everyone can be a leader, not everyone is called to be a leader and most importantly, being a leader isn't easy.





Yup, I love him for many many more reasons as well and I really thank God, that He gave me a partner even at a young age. I still remembered my prayer to God on that faithful night I cried my heart out to a guy who two-timed me. I told God that I would not have a relationship until after my A levels, unless He is the person I am going to be with forever. Then I listed down the qualities I want in my partner:

1) He must be God-fearing
2) He must be a leader
3) He must be a musician
4) I don't care how he looks like
5) He must love me faithfully.

Back then, dear wasn't even in church. This prayer was impossible to be fulfilled then. Even after we got together when I was 15, strong persecutions came on way, but by His grace and mercy, we survived!

Thank You Jesus for who you've given me.
Thank you dear, for everything. I'm grateful from the inner dwellings of my heart.



Share This On:    

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Content copyright © by Grace Leong.

WELCOME


Hello I'm Grace! This site contains snippets of daily living, and the random ramblings of a young adult. Read More..

 Drop Me An Email
 Add Me On Facebook



Affiliated with:

Archives

READERS