Ironman: Scott Rigsby

 | 




Scott Rigsby: "I just want to put my ordinary life in my extraordinary God, so that He can do extraordinary things through me.. It doesn't matter about world records, it doesn't matter about being on tv or being on magazines. At the end of the day when I put on my head on my pillow, it's about Knowing God and making God known. If I hadn't done that over the course of my life, then I would have lived a lost life."

Scott Rigsby
Scott Rigsby became the first double-amputee on prosthetics in the world to finish an Ironman distance triathlon with prosthetics at the 140.6-mile World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Rigsby used "swim legs" to navigate the difficult 2.4 mile ocean swim, "bike legs" to cycle 112 miles through the heat and gusting winds of the Big Island lava fields on a standard road bike, and "run legs" to complete the marathon segment in darkness and intense pain.
Read more about his story here.

Another touching and inspiring story that nearly brought me to tears. Each time, I see their heart and passion in making their lives a testimony, turning every unfortunate event as a stepping stone for God's glory to revealed through them, it just blows me off. Truly, God can use anyone who is willing, to be His living testimony!



Share This On:    

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Content copyright © by Grace Leong.

WELCOME


Hello I'm Grace! This site contains snippets of daily living, and the random ramblings of a young adult. Read More..

 Drop Me An Email
 Add Me On Facebook



Affiliated with:

Archives

READERS