A Wedding Affair

 | 


It has been a while since I last attended a wedding, and being a typical Singaporean, I squirmed at the thought of attending weddings because Chinese wedding NEVER start on time, and the ang pows you have to give is costly; from a student's perspective. Ha that is why Singaporeans term wedding invitations as 红炸弹, which translates to mean, Red Bomb. However, this wedding invitation was from dear's classmate, who happens to be someone I know as well, so I attended the wedding as dear's partner.

The wedding was held at Swissotel, Canning Room last night and I felt it was quite different from all the weddings I have attended because although Swissotel is beside Raffles City Shopping Centre, the dining hall is just above the shopping centre! Imagine wearing something fancy and walking through the shopping crowd, it was really awkward! *Gulps* 

The camera caught dear chewing nuts in his mouth
.. and I was found sneaking around snacking on their crispy nuts!
A full portrait of moi.
Us, dressed in our best!
Pictures of the bride and the groom were placed at the reception for guests to see before they enter the dining hall
An ice sculpture with beautiful RED BIG strawberries and huge grapes.
Really, the strawberries are huge! Not sweet though.
The backdrop of the stage. Ambiance was based on dark romantic neon lighting. I was really afraid we had to eat in such lighting because I can't see what I am eating, and who knows, I might swallow something that might trigger a stomach catastrophe
Utensils and silverware
After a long wait, the bride and the groom FINALLY entered 2 hours later.
The beautiful couple making their way down the aisle 
.. slowly sauntering.
First up! Double Happiness Cold dish Combination which include: Roasted Pork Meat, Cold Ham, Jellyfish, Salad, and Crispy Tuna Rolls 
Braised Shark's Fin with Crab Roe and Snow Fungus
Closed up shot of the Shark Fin. Yummy!
Look at dear, happily slurping his shark fin. On his second serving!
Sauteed Crystal Prawns With Ginko Nuts and Broccoli
Roast Crispy Chicken With Crackers
Tempting?
Ahhh, Braised Slice Abalone With Lettuce. Too bad, I don't fancy Abalone or seafood for the matter.
Steamed Live Grouper With Superior Soy Sauce
Ok I've got to explain this shot. It's rare that weddings serve coffee and tea. They usually serve Hot Tea, Iced Water, Coke, and Orange. However I was too tired because of a long day, and I had to order some long black coffee for perks!
Stewed Ee-fu Noodles With Chives and Bean Sprouts. Shoots, I missed out taking photos of Baked Pork Spare Ribs, Capital Style.
Little souveniers of cups and little plates

For dessert, Red Bean Cream with Pak Hup, Lotus Seed and Vanilla Ice Cream
The Vanilla Ice Cream came separately 
For the first time, I didn't know you have to mix the Ice Cream in the Red Bean Paste!



Share This On:    

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Content copyright © by Grace Leong.

WELCOME


Hello I'm Grace! This site contains snippets of daily living, and the random ramblings of a young adult. Read More..

 Drop Me An Email
 Add Me On Facebook



Affiliated with:

Archives

READERS