Port Dickson '09 (Day 1)

 | 


For 21 years of my life, I haven't been on a holiday with my friends before. Most of my holidays are usually church camps or family holidays.

This year however, I had a chance to go to Port Dickson with dear and our friends! It was a short trip - 2 days and a night. Nonetheless, I was bursting with excitement and anticipation on the way to Port Dickson.

The journey was pretty long, 4 to 5 hours in fact. Partly because we had short petrol breaks in between as well as a lunch break. When we finally arrived, I was so so so glad.

While waiting for the keys and rooms, I went straight ahead to take photos of the place.

I must say, this resort is unlike the usual resorts I been to. For one, the overall theme and decor of the place feels as if I had stepped into an old cowboy town. It's interesting, unique, and close to nature; especially when I saw a horse carriage pass by me.

A fountain that makes it even more surreal and serene.

While busy snapping pictures, dear and some of the guys decided to have some fun with their bikes at the ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) course.

Spotted a water tank that looks similar to those I frequently see in cowboy shows.

After checking in and unpacking our stuff, the group decided to head out to a go-karting track for some fun. The resort we resided in provides go-karting as well, but lets just say that the speed of the go-karts were a major turnoff.

Go-Karts lined up neatly while waiting for the signal to begin their laps. "3.. 2.. 1.. GO!"

I had a chance to try as well, but I was really excited yet scared! Further more, my go-kart was the more 'responsive' and supposedly to be the fastest one.

Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Steering around the corners and bends were more challenging because I had to control the speed and ensure that I do not oversteer.

But at the last lap, my breaks gave way. And just as I was about to overtake another go-kart at the bend, I rammed into him because my breaks weren't working! As a result, my go-kart crashed into his and I was stumped! Immediately, I got out of my go-kart to help my friend out of his go-kart. Fortunately, we walked away with just a few scratches and blue blacks.

Dear had a second round too. But during the end of his lap, something went wrong and his go-kart ended up on the grass patch. Don't worry, no injuries were sustained.

After an afternoon of speed at the go-karting track, we headed back to the resort for a swim and then to clean up before dinner.

For dinner, I had Fish and Chips whereas dear had some Crispy Chicken. It was quite a large portion and I ended up eating only one out of two fishes.

Since the night was still young after dinner, the group decided to visit the local towns. Well there isn't really much difference between their local towns and our local 'Pasar Malams', and hence I didn't buy anything.



Share This On:    

0 comments:

Post a Comment



Content copyright © by Grace Leong.

WELCOME


Hello I'm Grace! This site contains snippets of daily living, and the random ramblings of a young adult. Read More..

 Drop Me An Email
 Add Me On Facebook



Affiliated with:

Archives

READERS